For years marketers have been limited to running A/B tests, but now Maxemail has brought MVT to the email marketing world it and opens up a whole new world of testing opportunities.
A/B Testing is not redundant though. There are still plenty of circumstances you might want to use it. Here is our quick guide:
- You are only testing one thing – use an A/B test as this is not a Multivariate test!
- You are testing huge changes to structure, content or essentially it is a completely different message – A/B test it
- You don’t have much data – A/B tests might be the only option but try our calculator to make sure
- You have lots of things you wish to test – MVT is the best route to keep the number of creatives manageable
- You are testing an ongoing automated email – use an MVT test as it enables you to test more and a lot quicker
- There won’t be much difference between results – use an A/B test as you want as much data as possible to ensure reliability of the result
Maxemail is the first email marketing solution to offer a fully featured MVT offering. Contact us if you want to learn how it can dramatically improve your email performance.