Senior Software Developer
- To work collaboratively as part of a development team on a single large project or small independent projects as directed
- To scope and develop software code as specified by the project manager and Technical Director
- To develop code that lies within the guidelines defined for the project following company defined naming conventions, software release management and code integrity and performance testing
- Engage in the development of code that is scalable, efficient, robust and is intuitive to use for an average user (digital marketer)
- Constantly test and review the code, if necessary using 3rd party or bespoke software testing harnesses in the pre-production release phase
- To document and comment all code in a standard company approved manner so as to allow other developers to easily determine the codes aim and apply changes with minimal effort and risk
Essential Personal Attributes
- A passion for learning new technologies
- A desire and ability to develop complex systems
- A ‘can do’ attitude coupled with an eye for detail
Education and Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years experience writing software for a large a web based application ideally which includes a strong relational database driven environment
- Experience in working on a single project as part of a small team
- Degree educated in a related discipline
- Proven skills and experience in object oriented programming for PHP 5.3
- Proven skills and experience in writing applications to drive a MySQL 5.1+ relational databases
Desirable Additional Programming Languages and Skills
- API Driven development
- Software Versioning Control
- Backend Development
- Self-starter – able to plan and manage own workload within fast paced, pressured environment
- An eye for detail with the highest quality control standards
- Team player
- Enthusiasm and drive – keen to learn and work with new technologies
- Time management – Organised with good planning skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Driving licence & transport is essential as Emailcenter are based in a rural location with minimal public transport links
- Working hours 9am till 5.30pm with one hour for lunch
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising by one day per annum for each full year of service
- Casual dress policy
- Company bonus scheme based upon company achieving revenue targets
- Contributory Pension Scheme
The Development Environment and Languages
Who Would You Work With?
The role demands that you work closely with the other members of the product development team in a coordinated manner. The development project is managed by the team leader and the Technical Director.
Prospects and Training
Emailcenter offers an excellent opportunity to get experience of working with the very latest development technologies. Working alongside experienced developers you will develop your skills as you are exposed to different projects and technologies. Our developers regularly attend seminars to maintain their knowledge at the forefront in the various software disciplines.
Emailcenter are an award winning email marketing service provider working with over 400 brands in the UK. We have developed our own technology platform called Maxemail for creating, managing, delivering and reporting on email marketing campaigns. In addition we offer a full range of professional services and fully manage a number of our clients email programmes.
Clients include On the Beach, Saga Group, Hoseasons Group, Opentable.com, National Savings & Investments, Visit Britain, Visit England, James Villa Holidays and Pearson Education.
Emailcenter is based at Pury Hill Business Park, just South of Towcester in South Northamptonshire. It is just 15 minutes drive from Northampton and Milton Keynes (10 Minutes from either J15 or J15a on the M1).
We are experiencing strong and consistent growth year on year, with annual uplifts of 200% + in email campaign activity.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV or call on 01327 811884
The Maxemail Platform
The Maxemail platform is developed and supported directly by Emailcenter, The IPR is owned by Emailcenter. The platform delivers Software as a Solution (SaaS) for a broad range of companies and organisations and supports over 1000 users. The platform helps digital marketers achieve the best return on investment from their retention based email and on-line marketing strategy, it is continuously evolving with new and innovative features and functions being added to help users deploy, measure and analyse all aspects of their email marketing. The infrastructure for the platform is owned by Emailcenter, we use the latest hardware and software techniques and are constantly on the leading edge of the ‘state-of-the-art’ for this area of technology.